1. The acceptance of these conditions is linked to the reservation or participation in the courses of our school.
2. The School will be closed from January 1 to 8 and from December 23 to 31, 2023. During these periods, classes will not be held, although registration is accepted through our website and requests for information by email or telephone .
3. The start dates of the courses are always on Monday, the day on which a welcome and information talk is given and classes begin. That day new students must come to school at 8:45 am, or failing that, at the time they have been cited in advance.
4. For all Spanish and culture courses, it is necessary to send the level test at least four weeks before the course start date. If the registration has been made after that period, the special conditions will be indicated in the reservation confirmation.
5. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 14:00 p.m. and 16:00 p.m. to 18:00 p.m. On Saturdays and Sundays the office and reception of the School are closed.
6. On holidays in 2023: February 28, April 7, June 8, October 12, November 1 and December 8, no classes will be held. For courses of less than 12 weeks, holidays are fully discounted from the price.
7. One hour of class corresponds to 50 minutes.
8. All classes are taught in Spanish. For the guitar and flamenco dance courses, speaking Spanish facilitates learning but is not an essential condition.
9. The Spanish Culture courses, Knowing the Structure of Dance and Knowing Flamenco Singing, require a minimum Spanish level of elementary II (A2.2). Likewise, to carry out the Knowing the History of Flamenco Dance course, a minimum level of Spanish of intermediate I (B1.1) is needed and for the Course of Hispanic Literature and Training of ELE Teachers, an advanced level (B2).
10. All students taking courses of more than 8 hours per week will have free access from 9:00 a.m. to 22:45 p.m., 7 days a week to dance studios, showers, Wi-Fi, terraces...
11. The textbooks that are delivered can be taken out of the school, but they must be returned at the end of the courses, and it is not possible to mark or write on them. We offer the possibility of buying them at the beginning of the course in our store, for students who prefer it.
12. The minimum age to participate in our courses is 18 years, and minors under 18 may participate with the express authorization of the management of this school and authorization from their parents or guardians.
13. The extension of the courses is usually possible, and must be requested as soon as possible. In the case of extending a course, the rate for the total weeks enrolled will be applied.
14. The school reserves the right to make schedule changes that are necessary, without prior notice.
15. The following courses: Teacher Training: Cinema in the ELE Class, Knowing the History of Flamenco Dance, Knowing the Structure of the Dance and Knowing Flamenco Singing may be canceled in the event that due to force majeure the tenured teachers cannot teach them, given the specialization they require.
16. There is no minimum number of students to form a group, if there is only one student, half of the scheduled hours are taught, maintaining the same price.
17. The distribution of the students in the different levels and groups for the Spanish courses, will be the responsibility of the academic director of the school according to the level tests, or failing that, interview or evaluation of the teachers. For the flamenco courses, it will be the students, through the registration form, who will self-evaluate at the established levels, taking into account the evaluation guide. In both cases it will be the academic director who, in the last instance, decides on the distribution of students in groups and levels.
18. All students who have completed 80% of the course can request a certificate of attendance.
19. At the end of the course, each student will have the opportunity to fill out a satisfaction questionnaire regarding all the services offered during the stay and thus contribute to the continuous improvement of the School.
Online courses and classes will be governed by the following conditions:
1. A minimum of 2 people is required for the group to form.
2. Reservations: until Thursday of the week prior to the start date through our page or by email.
3. It is necessary to pay 100% of the amount in advance.
4. Once the online course has started, the amount paid will not be refunded, except for students who are doing the type of course chosen for the first time, in which case they may request a refund of the full amount paid just after finishing their first course. class.
5. Private online classes must be set at least 24 hours in advance and the corresponding payment must have been made. Classes that are being processed, but still pending confirmation (day or time), must also be set at least 24 hours in advance, otherwise it is assumed that there is no class. In case there is a change or cancellation of a class already confirmed, you must notify yourself with a minimum of 24 hours in advance, otherwise, the class will have to be paid in full even if it has not been given.
1. Escuela Carmen de las Cuevas has external providers that provide accommodation for students at the center.
2. Students will be covered by a seasonal rental for study reasons, linked to the courses they take at the School, in accordance with the provisions of the Urban Leasing Law of November 24, 1994 and, additionally, by the provisions in the Civil Code.
3. The residences are shared apartments with 2 to 4 bedrooms, in which the kitchen and bathroom are shared with other course participants. Weekly cleaning service of the common dependencies is included.
4. The apartments are 1 bedroom. This type of accommodation is the most appropriate for people who want more privacy. Charming apartments can have 1 or 2 bedrooms and are, as their name suggests, places that have some special charm, usually with good views. Apartment accommodation does not include weekly cleaning service.
5. In family accommodation, the room is single or double (only for two people who come together). Breakfast and lunch (lunch = lunch) are included for half board, and breakfast and two meals (lunch and dinner) for full board.
6. All expenses are included (electricity, water, gas...).
7. The accommodations are fully equipped (kitchen, bathroom, washing machine, utensils, sheets, blankets, fans, some type of heating...).
6. Towels are included only in apartment, family and hotel type accommodation.
7. The accommodations offered are located in the Albaicín (historical quarter) and are very close to the school and the city center. Only homestays can exceptionally be in another neighborhood and be a little further from the school.
8. Accommodation begins the Sunday before the course start date.
9. The collection of the keys of the accommodations on Sunday will be done in the form of self-check-in, normally after 16:00 p.m. The specific time will be confirmed in the arrival information.
10. All accommodation ends on a Sunday at 11:00 a.m.
11. For family and hotel accommodation, the address and telephone number will be notified in advance.
12. If courses of less than 8 hours per week are taken, the possibility of reserving accommodation is not guaranteed, especially in high season).
13. If you want accommodation without taking a course at Carmen de las Cuevas, ask us for information.
1. The student must register preferably online, through our page www.carmencuevas.com. It is also possible to do it in person at the office. The school reserves the right of admission for all registrations.
2. Once the student receives confirmation of availability for the reservation from the school, he must send 50% of the total amount of the and/or accommodation to formalize the reservation.
3. The amounts paid for the reservation of courses and/or accommodation will be considered part of the payment.
4. The school will confirm the reservation and send all the necessary information before arrival.
1. Payments for reservations can be made by:
● Credit or debit card (Visa and MasterCard)
● Bank transfer indicating name and reservation number to:
Carmen de las Cuevas School
CAIXABANK. C/Pages 10. 18010 Granada.
IBAN (International Banking Account Number):
ES42 2100 4445 1213 0017 6637
BIC (Bank Identification Code): CAIXESBXXXX
(Sending the proof of payment by email)
● Wise (transfer system with low commissions) by entering this link
We recommend this platform for sending money from non-EURO zones.
2. Reservations will be lost if we have not received the payment of the deposit, or proof of payment, within a maximum period of 7 days from the confirmation of availability of the course and/or accommodation. If the registration is made less than seven days in advance, the payment of the deposit must be made immediately after receiving the confirmation of availability for the reservation.
3. Full payment of the face-to-face courses must be made during the first three days of the course by cash or credit card (Visa or MasterCard).
4. The expenses and commissions of the transfers will be borne by the student.
5. Valid rates are those published on the website. Any error in receipts, invoices, informative letters, etc. must be subject to said rates.
1. If we receive notification of the cancellation or change of course and/or accommodation four weeks before the course and/or accommodation start date, the amount paid will be refunded, except €100 for processing fees.
2. If we receive notification of the cancellation or change of course and/or accommodation less than four weeks before the course and/or accommodation start date, the amount paid will not be refunded, but once €100 for expenses has been deducted. processing, it can be used as part of payment for a course at a later date (up to a maximum of 5 years).
3. If we receive notification of the cancellation or change less than 4 days before the course and/or accommodation start date or once the course and/or accommodation has started, the advance payment will not be refunded and must be paid until the week in which it is communicated (included), plus two weeks if your reservation includes them, or one week in case said reservation will end earlier.
4. If we receive notification of a change or reservation reduction once the course and/or accommodation has started, you must pay according to the current reservation up to the week in which it is communicated (included), plus two weeks if your reservation includes them, or one week in case said reservation will end earlier. In the event that a visa has been received thanks to the registration certificate issued by the school, the refund of the cost paid once the course has started will not be accepted, for any reason.
5. In the case of the Quarterly and Semester Courses and the Flamenco Dance Professional Training Program, the advance payment will not be returned either, and after 6 weeks (Quarterly) or 12 weeks (Semester), it must also be paid until the week in which it is communicated. the notice of cancellation or reduction, plus two weeks if your reservation includes them. As the total duration is less than 12 (quarterly) or 24 weeks (semester), the benefit of the reduced rates for long-term courses will be lost and the rates corresponding to the courses will be applied.
made of shorter duration.
6. Changes or cancellations of online classes must be notified at least 24 hours in advance. If you do not do so within that period, the class must be paid in full.
7. There is no reason or justification for cancellation that invalidates the previous points, including not attending courses in case of illness.